Friday 26 November 2010

My finished comic.


Finally finished the comic I've been working on over the past month or so,  this is my first real attempt at sequential art (well, something over 10 pages), and while it's not all I hoped it would be I am fairly pleased with the outcome.

 I have undoubtedly learnt a hell of a lot about the art and science of making comics while working on this, which is the main thing, really.
overall, I've found the whole experience to be pretty challenging but ultimately highly rewarding.












                               comment and critique is highly appreciated,

3 comments:

  1. nice work dude ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an interesting style. It reminds me of Salvador Dali mixed with Aeon Flux. It works well for the comic.

    The only bad thing I can say is that the sequential art needs to be more sequential, especially towards the end. I had a bit of a hard time telling what was going on in the last two pages the first time I read it, and, to me, the last panel seems to come out of nowhere. Granted, that last bit may be what you were looking for, too. My advice would be to make the panels a tad bit less angled to allow more of a natural flow for the eye. Other than that, good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback man,

    I don't especially see the Dali influence though I'm flattered at the comparison.

    I've had similar remarks about the layouts - I think I was too worried about it being a bit plain so unwisely sacrificed clarity for a design quirk with some of the pages. so much I would change now.

    oh hindsight...

    ReplyDelete